Top Accounting and Finance Jobs in Denver
DIRECTOR, ACCOUNTING & FINANCE – Great Environment – Awesome leadership team!- Denver Metro
We are seeking a Director, Accounting & Finance for a stable and growing Healthcare company. The company offers a great working environment with a professional and collaborative leadership team.
Selected candidate must have recent healthcare accounting and finance experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR, ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
- Management and leadership of the day-to-day financial, accounting and revenue cycle operations.
- Direct and oversee the strategic financial systems and processes for all aspects of the group’s accounting, billing and revenue cycle.
- Direct and execute the daily, monthly, and annual financial and managerial accounting processes included all AP and AR, payroll, cash management, general ledger, bank reconciliations and activity based cost accounting and analysis.
- Cultivate and manage strong revenue cycle external contracts/relationships, including any outsourced functions and technologies.
- Design and maintain group’s business intelligence systems and infrastructure while regularly monitoring group’s key financial and operational performance metrics.
- Develop and produce all book financial statements and reporting along with both regular and ad hoc business performance reports and tools.
- Lead and support key outside vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with HR operations, and other administration staff, all human resources documentation and health, insurance and other benefits administration.
- Manage and prepare tax reporting statements and information for third party tax preparers, including direct submissions to some taxing authorities.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE DIRECTOR, ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA or MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a managerial or executive leadership role, with recent experience and emphasis in Healthcare finance, accounting and revenue cycle management
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Healthcare reimbursement/collections, medical billing, coding, financial reporting and management, with a strong knowledge of the collections process and accounts receivable management
- Experience with EPIC Systems preferred
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with teams
To apply for a job please email your resume as a Word Document. Please provide your salary requirements.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER – OIL AND GAS – Reports to the top accounting/finance executive! – Downtown
Outstanding opportunity with tremendous upside for the selected candidate. The company is fast-growing, well-funded and has a talented and respected executive management team.
We are seeking a CPA with 5-8 years of experience who has a combination of public accounting and oil & gas industry experience.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the oil and gas operational accounting for company operated assets, including daily financial and operational accounting and reporting, assistance in development and management/monitoring of internal controls, forecasting and budgeting, production-related accounting, JIB processing, production and revenue reporting, AFEs, field vendor management, accurate, complete and timely preparation of financial data for consolidation of results into financial reports, monitoring and preparation of KPIs for operations segment, and financial due diligence support.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER:
- Manage and maintain all accounting records for operated oil and gas properties
- GAAP and IFRS financial reporting for operating company
- Assist in monitoring internal controls and budgets
- Assist in the development of internal and external financial reports
- Maintain all appropriate subledgers, manage timely and accurate reconciliations, rollforwards and other detail accounting and operational data as requested
- Accounting close responsibilities (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals, financial reports, etc.)
- Assist with integration of operational and financial data of operated property financial results into Fund financial information.
- Ensure reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Manage JIB and revenue processes for operated properties
- Manage field vendors and receivables collections
- Maintain monthly Lease Operating Statements for operated properties
- Perform and report timely monthly analyses of actual to budget
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and interim forecasts
- Work closely with drilling and operations personnel to insure accurate cost, revenue and other financial tracking
- Work with outsourced functions to meet deadlines and maintain quality work under time constraints.
- Assist with financial due diligence as necessary.
- Assist with integration of acquisitions into company financial records and controls
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5 – 7+ years relevant business experience At least 3 years at oil and gas operating company
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
- 2+ years GAAP financial reporting experience; IFRS reporting a plus
- 2+ years public accounting experience a plus
- Familiarity with OGSys and/or Enertia
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to thrive in both an independent and highly collaborative work environment
- Effectively manage projects and prioritize deliverables to meet deadlines
- Highly analytical, strong attention to detail and overall ability to thoroughly understand issues and foresee all complexities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve deadlines
Key words: controller, E & P, exploration and production, assistant controller, Assurance manager, assurance senior, audit senior, audit manager, assistant controller, controller
To apply for a job please email your resume as a Word Document. Please provide your salary requirements.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE – BILLINGS – COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST– Opportunity for growth! – North Denver
Growing company in North Denver seeks to add An Accounts Receivable –Billings – Collections Specialist to their team.
Selected candidate will provide excellent customer service while also communicating urgency to internal and external customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE – BILLINGS – COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST:
- Performs collection activities for assigned accounts including outbound contact and all correspondence
- Contact customers to identify and resolve collection issues
- Escalate major collection issues to Management that may require additional support
- Support and develop accounts receivable process improvements
- Set-up new customers in database
- Provide information for cash flow forecasting
- Conduct billing analysis
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE – BILLINGS – COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST:
- At least two (2) years of collections / accounts receivable experience
- Excellent customer service with a sense of urgency toward both internal and external customers
- High proficiency with the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
To apply for a job please email your resume as a Word Document. Please provide your salary requirements.
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING – Downtown
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING: 7-10 years of experience required. Private equity backed, oil & gas company!
Professional, collaborative and passionate culture. Outstanding compensation and benefits package!
We are seeking an experienced (7-10 years), Manager of Financial Reporting to join a growing, private equity backed oil & gas company.
The Manager of Financial Reporting reports to the Controller & Chief Accounting Officer and is responsible for all internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Ideal candidate will have a combination of public accounting with SEC oil & gas clients as well as experience with financial reporting at an oil & gas company. Would consider an Audit Manager with heavy, publicly traded, oil & gas company experience.
This is an important and highly visible position which interacts regularly and works closely with various teams.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Manager of Financial Reporting:
- Financial reporting for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for the company‘s bank and investor groups.
- Identify, research and document complex technical accounting issues.
- Assist the Treasury Department with completing quarterly and annual debt covenant and compliance certifications.
- Work closely with the Audit and Disclosure Committees on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordinate annual and interim audit requirements and quarterly reviews.
- Assist with month-end close including certain accounting areas and account reconciliations, such as depletion of our full cost pool, ceiling test limitation analysis, and mark-to-market valuations on our derivative instruments.
- Analyze financial results, or performance measures, for the company, and prepare reports for senior management based upon that analysis.
- Develop any new analysis and reporting, or modify existing analysis and reporting, based upon the changes or new information available.
- Assist with gathering and review of information for use in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills of the Manager of Financial Reporting:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting required.
- CPA Certification required.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of professional Accounting experience in the Oil and Gas industry required; a combination of public accounting at a Big 4 accounting firm and related Oil and Gas industry experience highly preferred.
- Previous SEC reporting experience with a public oil and gas company required.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting, technical accounting and accounting/industry trends.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details, and the ability to develop, refine and implement initiatives targeted at accurate, efficient and timely results.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to engage and collaborate with other groups.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and balance multiple responsibilities.
- Expertise building positive and effective relationships across teams and various levels in the organization – both office and field.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with an ERP system.
Keywords: financial reporting manager; audit manager, assurance manager, senior assurance manager, senior audit manager
SENIOR TAX MANAGER / DIRECTOR – Fort Collins
Unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing tax and advisory firm! This regional firm is opening up a new office in Fort Collins and seeking a Senior Tax Manager or Director to lead and manage the team!
We are not seeking just a traditional tax professional, the successful candidate will possess a strong sense of entrepreneurship, strategy and management.
The role offers a leading compensation package that includes lots of upside!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR TAX MANAGER / DIRECTOR
- Lead and manage office
- Primary point of contact and relationship manager for the regions clients
- Prepare and review individual, corporate, partnerships and trust tax returns
- Lead firm’s consulting and advisory efforts for region’s clients
- Lead staff in areas of research, training and development
- Work with firm’s partners to develop and execute the firm’s growth, product and services and operations strategies
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SENIOR TAX MANAGER / DIRECTOR
- At least six (6) years experience preparing and reviewing individual, corporate, partnership and estate tax returns
- Master’s Degree & CPA required
- Direct experience managing staff a major plus
- Excellent communication and attention management skills
- Entrepreneurial minded with an interest in strategy and operations
TAX SENIOR/TAX STAFF ACCOUNTANT (PUBLIC)-Permanent Part-Time – Littleton
High quality local CPA firm located in the Littleton area seeks a tax senior or tax staff accountant to join their team! This firm offers flexibility and work life balance.
An ideal candidate would be seeking full time during busy season and summers off!
Essential Responsibilities of the Tax Senior/Tax Staff
- Prepare complex individual, business and fiduciary tax
- Prepare tax projections and other tax planning strategies.
- Assist with IRS/state tax audits.
- Become knowledgeable with respect to estate planning, financial planning, financing alternatives, etc.
- Research increasingly complex tax issues.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Build relationships with client personnel at appropriate level.
Essential Qualifications of the Tax Senior/Tax Staff
- 2-5 years of professional tax experience in a quality local, regional, national or Big 4 CPA firm
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong tax preparation skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to directly communicate with clients
- Experience with tax preparation software
SR. REVENUE ACCOUNTANT – Top salary and lots of growth! – Downtown
One of Denver’s top Oil & Gas companies is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join their team. Top salary and lots of growth!!
Must have extensive revenue accounting for operated wells experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Revenue Accountant:
- Process monthly product sales for operated and some non-operated properties
- Calculate and prepare monthly production tax payments and reports to various tax authorities
- Assist in closing and analyzing operating results monthly, including research and correction of variances
- Provide operations and land departments with ad hoc reporting needs and other requested information
- Respond to and research inquiries from owners
- Reconcile and assist with collection of revenue due
- Assist with preparation of information for audits for regulatory agencies
- Prepare and record accounting entries for various company activity
- Participate in accounting projects and year-end financial audits as required
- Production volume to sales volume analysis by product and research variances
- Analyze, prepare and record monthly revenue accruals by well
- Assist with revenue suspense analysis and reporting
- Assist with preparation of purchase and sale settlement statements when needed
- Payout calculations and reporting to management and partners
- Gather, analyze, summarize and interpret financial and operational data
- General ledger account reviews and reconciliations
- Filing revenue related documents, periodic correspondence with outside parties and other administrative functions as necessary
Requirements of the Senior Revenue Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in oil and gas revenue accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Experience with preparing production tax and other regulatory reports
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with the ability to research and resolve issues effectively and communicate actions as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with employees and managers from various departments
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) skills with an emphasis on Excel
- Flexible work aptitude in order to manage changing priorities and organizational changes
- Self-starter with problem solving skills and a willingness to take on new tasks as needed
- Experience with Bolo and Excalibur systems preferred
TAX SENIOR – Natural Resources (oil & gas and/or mining) – DTC
Well respected Denver CPA firm seeks a Tax Senior to join their firm.
Responsibilities of the Tax Senior:
- Review of complex business and individual returns including multi-state and consolidated returns
- Review of tax planning assignments
- Tax research projects
- Work with and assist other tax professionals
- Ability to recognize and solve problems
- Recognize when assistance is needed and asks for help from peers and managers
- Job management and review of various tax returns and projects
Requirements of the Tax Senior:
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting; graduate degree preferred, though not required
- CPA or working towards certification
- 3-5 years of prior public accounting experience in taxation
- Experience in one or more of the following industries –natural resources (oil & gas and/or mining)
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in one or more of these areas – corporate, flow through entities, multi-state income tax
- Good written and oral communication
- Strong technical and research skills
HANDS-ON CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTANT – Englewood
We are seeking a Hands-on Controller / Sole Accountant to join a small, specialty construction company in Englewood!
Report directly to the owner!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HANDS-ON CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTANT
- Prepare or review all aspects of the accounting function including A/R, A/P, day-to-day general accounting, and monthly close
- Process all phases of job costing
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports
- Process payroll and payroll reports
- Preparing for any applicable audits (e.g. general liability)
- Quarterly and annual tax reports
- Maintain relationships with service vendors
- Work closely with construction, service and sales teams.
- Provide certain human resource functions
- Work with outside CPA firm
- Support special projects
REQUIREMENTS OF THE HANDS-ON CONTROLLER / ACCOUNTANT
- At least 5 years of applicable experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Construction or job costing experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Detail and process oriented, plus strong organizational skills
- Highest level of honesty and integrity
- Self-starter, hands-on
- Strong communication skills a must
TAX STAFF / TAX SENIOR – New position due to growth! – DTC
Enjoy the culture that this unique Denver based CPA firm has to offer! This very successful and growing firm seeks to add a Tax Staff / Tax Senior to their team.
Duties of the Tax Staff / Tax Senior include:
- Review federal and state tax compliance for a dynamic and interesting group of corporate, partnership and individual clients
- Perform planning, research, analysis
- Prepare written memorandum
- Plan multiple engagements
- Help direct and develop members of professional staff
- Participate in recruiting and team-building activities
- Build, manage and provide excellent client service
Qualifications of the Tax Staff / Tax Senior include:
- BS in Accounting, Master’s in Tax preferred
- CPA certification
- 2-6 years recent public tax accounting (regional, Big 4, national, regional or large local) experience preferred
- Strong research and compliance skills
- Experience with tax preparation and research software
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and supervisory skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Team player
TAX SENIOR – Beautiful Colorado Mountain location!
Excellent opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic CPA firm located in the Aspen area as a Tax Senior level.
This extremely well regarded firm concentrates in tax consulting and compliance for high-income individuals and their businesses, estates, trusts, S corporations, partnerships and LLCs as well as audit and accounting services for small businesses.
Ideal Tax Senior candidate will be a CPA (Masters in Tax a plus) and 3-5 years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax.
Prior exposure and experience with personal income taxes, estates, trusts, S corporations, partnership and LLCs would be preferred but is not required.
The firm offers a great compensation package and a commitment to a work-life balance.
Key words: Aspen, Basalt, Carbondale
AUDIT SENIOR – Governmental / Nonprofit Clients (Denver)
Career growth opportunity for an audit senior (or experienced audit staff) with governmental and/or nonprofit experience Flexible environment. Small, but growing team and firm located in central Denver.
Great opportunity to further develop your public accounting skills, resolve accounting issues and hone in on your client relations.
If you have a degree in accounting (CPA highly preferred) and 2-6 years of recent public accounting experience, apply today. Experience with governmental and/or nonprofit clients highly preferred.
Key words: audit staff, assurance staff, assurance senior, local cpa firm, regional cpa firm, assurance
TAX SENIOR (Denver Tech Center)
High quality, growing CPA firm in the Denver area is seeking to add a full time Tax Senior to their team.
Duties of the Tax Senior include:
- Preparation of tax returns, including individual, corporation, S corporation, partnership and fiduciary.
- Occasional preparation of payroll, personal property tax and other tax reports.
- Provide some bookkeeping and write up assistance to clients, including preparation of year end adjusting journal entries, reconciliations, tax planning for clients.
Qualifications of the Tax Senior include:
- 3+ years recent tax preparation experience including individual, partnership, corporate.
- Licensed CPA but would consider a candidate with a BS in Accounting or Finance and significant stable tax preparation experience.
- Highly motivated, with a strong sense of attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple projects at one time and be a great team player.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Good computer skills are also required including Microsoft excel and word.
BOOKKEEPER– Part time or full time opportunity! (DTC)
Well respected CPA Firm in the Denver Tech Center is looking to add a new Bookkeeper to their team. Must have QuickBooks Online experience.
The Full Change Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant will be responsible for….
- General Ledger
- Bank Reconciliations
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Journal Entries
- Special Projects as assigned
Selected Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant should have at least 3-5+ years of bookkeeping or staff accounting experience, a solid work history, good computer skills and excellent communication skills.
AUDIT RISK ADVISORY SERVICES SENIOR (RAS)(DTC)
Join a top-notch, growing and family-friendly CPA Firm and make the most of your audit, systems, financial and analytical experience.
Responsibilities of the Audit Risk Advisory Services Senior (RAS)
- Complete detailed risk identification and business process analysis to understand design and operational effectiveness of clients’ control activities to assist in compliance initiatives, such as Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and execution of Service Organization Control (“SOC”) engagements.
- Perform transactional processing, IT general computer and application controls testing for SOC audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 audit engagements.
- Provide recommendations to clients regarding risk-based control design and operating effectiveness gaps and improvements.
- Work with financial audit teams to efficiently plan audit engagements while considering the effect of relying on IT-dependent controls and reports.
- Have a willingness to learn new standards and provide high-level consulting services to clients in areas such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, and COBIT to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
Requirements of the Audit Risk Advisory Services Senior (RAS)
- Three to five years of experience in financial auditing, IT auditing, Risk Advisory Services (RAS), or other internal audit advisory services with a public accounting firm (experience in industry will also be considered)
- BS/BA in business
- Emphasis in accounting, finance, or information technology preferred but not required
- Master’s degree a plus but not required
- Designation such as CPA, CIA, CISA, QSA, HITRUST CSF, CISSP, or CISM a plus
- Ability to work well in teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Strong work ethic
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT/ACCOUNTING MANAGER – (Downtown Denver)
New Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager role with a growing company located in downtown Denver.
Looking to hire a CPA with 3-8 years of experience including 3 years in one of the BIG 4 or National Firms. Public company experience required.
The company offers a fun culture and great career growth opportunity!
Opportunity to be involved in a variety of accounting and finance areas including, but not limited to internal and external financial reporting, general accounting, process improvement and other special projects.